Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Introduction to Tent Camping Addict

I've been camping outdoors since I was about 10.  I'm now a 42 year old Assistant Scoutmaster of a Boy Scout Troop in Georgetown Kentucky, although I live in a different city.  I camped 21 nights in 2014.  I'm planning on camping just as much in 2015, so I would like to keep a record of the camps that I've done.

This is me at age 11 before I went to Camp McKee for the first time.  This was likely the summer of 1984.  I was a member of Troop 124 Chartered by Great Crossing Baptist Church in Georgetown KY.  I still have this uniform shirt.

This is me at SR-6 Conclave, Order of the Arrow, on Saturday, March 18, 2015.  I will talk about this campout later.

My plan is to talk about the different campouts starting with the first one of 2015.  I hope to describe the weather of each campout, the tent used, sleeping bag used, clothing, purpose of the campout.  There are different styles of camping, and I hope to talk about all of them.

Who I am:

AF. Baker
Executive Director - Access Soup Kitchen & Men's Shelter - Frankfort KY
Assistant Scoutmaster - Troop 215 - Georgetown KY
Wood Badge - Antelope Patrol - SR-204-12
Order of the Arrow - Brotherhood
Hiram Lodge #4 - Grand Lodge of Kentucky - Master Mason - Lodge Chaplain
Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels

I am married and we have two sons.  Both sons are involved in Troop 215.

No comments:

Post a Comment