Monday, January 4, 2016

City hike - January 4, 2016

January 4
Temp 31 degrees F
8 PM to 9 PM
Tennis shoes and low cut socks
Long scout pants
Long sleeve thermal shirt - Polarmax
REI Co-op (only) for coat
Fleece scarf
Gloves
Knitted sock cap

I was very comfortable for body heat during the walk.  I still had a little bit of sweat in my jacket when I got home, but it wasn't very much.  I don't think I could take off any more layers on my next walk.  The REI Co-op is an amazing light weight coat.  There was light flurries in the air tonight, and I wasn't cold at all.  It did a good job breaking the wind and keeping the heat inside.
The shoes weren't comfortable, and my shins were tight after the first mile.

I heard a homeless man whom I know after I crossed the bridge. It took me a few minutes to see him since he was kind of hiding.  I told him to go back to the Shelter and ask for a coat.  The idiot was sitting on a wall while wearing only a sweatshirt and jeans.  No coat, gloves, hat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment